The True Path to Network Marketing Success – Part 3
What Does It Really Take to Succeed in Network Marketing?
In my last couple of blog posts, I covered some of the perceived “negatives” about Network Marketing. Today, I want to focus on my tips for reaching success in this industry.
So what DOES it really take to succeed in Network Marketing?
Well … the answer to that question is that elusive pot at the end of the rainbow everyone’s looking for, isn’t it?! I believe Network Marketing success comes down to two points:
1) You must develop the right skill-sets.
2) You must cultivate the right mindset.
Now, in my experience, most Network Marketing companies do a pretty good job training their members about mindset.
So I am going to focus mainly on #1 today: the skill-sets you must have in order to succeed in Network Marketing.
Here are 3 tips for mastering what I consider the skill-sets most important to your success.
1. Position Yourself As a Leader: Most people you speak to are going to be interested in the product and/or the opportunity, yes. Above all else, though, they are interested in what you can do for them. You may have heard of that radio station – WIIFM – What’s In It For Me? It’s the same concept. People want to do business with leaders. Experts. Therefore, your self-esteem must be solid. You must be confident, bold, and knowledgeable. You must believe in yourself, so you can present yourself as the winner you ARE. And last but not least, you have to be genuine! People want to know you care about their success and that you’ll show them the steps you have used to succeed as a leader in your organization.
2. Learn How to Market: The most important word in “Network Marketing” is MARKETING. You need to know how to generate leads online and offline. You need to take training to become a Professional Master Marketer. There are other skill-sets that are essential for your success: prospecting, recruiting, persuasion, listening, handling objections, and closing. (In fact, recruiting people to join your downline is the foundation of being able to create residual income!) But learning how to market is one of the best choices any entrepreneur can make, no matter what business they are in. Why? Because everything you do is marketing! Without it, you can’t possibly reach the people who need you most.
3. Implement Systems: As some of you know, I was a very successful NY fashion designer. What you may not know is I never would have achieved the success I did without systems. Your approach in Network Marketing should be very similar. Systems let you work smart, not hard. And the whole idea in Network Marketing is to leverage yourself and your efforts. To build a strong organization, you must develop or find systems in every area of your business: from training team members to networking. To put it simply, every business depends on sales. Therefore, you MUST develop an online marketing system for getting people into your sales funnel. It must help you with generating prospects (leads), engaging with them, and converting them – and then staying in touch with them. It’s a business, not a hobby. The sad truth is, without an online marketing system, you will be left to figure out how to grow your business by chasing friends and family, and you will more than likely fail.
Each of these skill-sets is critical to your success, and I sincerely hope you will take this list, apply it to your business, and begin building YOUR empire … the empire that provides you with the stability and security you so deserve.
And here’s a bonus tip for you when it comes to implementation: Invest in a Mentor. I am a big fan of mentorship! When I first began working online and was totally fascinated by the possibilities, I went out and found the best mentors available. I spent thousands of dollars on training. I did everything I could to master the art of marketing. And it paid off, big time!
Now, let’s chat: Which skill-set will you cultivate, starting today? Please comment below! Let’s get this convo started!